Background

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's a Cowboy Halloween

It's fall and October has finally arrived! I've been pinning lots of pumpkin, soup and caramel recipes on Pinterest.  The weather has turned cooler here in Texas, and all  my friends on Facebook are posting pictures of how they are decorating for fall.

I have a sunroom that I decorate with vintage Halloween collectibles during the month of October.  I love old Halloween postcards, clickers, and books.  I have no problem finding vintage Halloween collectibles during all my trips to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas every month!

These just put a smile on my face!



I found the old candy holder in Canton.
It's perfect for holding Halloween candy!

Don't you just love the old Saturday Evening Post Magazines?


But here is the problem I have when it comes to decorating the rest of my house. My home is decorated in vintage cowboy/rodeo so of course I want my Halloween decorations to match that.   ( I think that is the teacher in me )  I really have to think outside the box to come up with some ideas to go with all this western decor. Here are some ideas I've come up with.

This cute little pumpkin is sporting a 1950's cowboy hat.

I love the colors on the covers of these cowboy books!
The easel is made out of some horse shoes that I blinged  out!

This is out on my front porch.  I LOVE the boot pumpkin!  

Here is a little cowboy pumpkin treat bag.

I found this black and white picture of a cowboy standing next to an owl in the tree.
I used Photoshop to put the witch in the moon and wrote the caption, "Welcome to Haunted Ranch."

This is my newest project.  I've been designing these vintage bottles.  I think I'll add some candy corn or black beans.  It's still a work in progress!

I've had this ghost for a long time and wanted to find a way to use him.  I added a small cowboy hat to the ghost.  You can find the small hats at Hobby Lobby in the doll section.  But make sure you buy a black hat and not a straw hat...Texas cowboys never wear a straw hat after the State Fair begins!
Aren't the colors in this  rodeo graphic perfect for Halloween??  I printed it...blinged out the words "Rodeo" and placed it in a black frame from the Dollar Store.  I found the little cream pitcher at an antique store in Mineral Wells for $2..50.  I normally don't buy orange dishes but I knew it was worth a lot more that $2.50 and  I could use it to decorate for Halloween.  The cute little witch napkins were $1.00 at Target!





Happy decorating this Halloween season!  Remember to think outside the "Halloween" box!

2 comments:

  1. Love it all! I want to come and see it all in person! Your so creative! Love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete