Background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Friends Don't Let Friends Wear the Wrong Cowboy Hat

As most of you know, I love anything cowboy!  I found an old cowboy hat box last weekend in Stephenville, Texas.  It was marked $5 and my heart skipped a beat.  When I opened the box and found the original felt hat in the box I thought I was having a heart attack.  When I asked about the price it was priced incorrectly.  I got it for $20 and I was happy to get it for that.  I didn't need it and really had no place to put it but I LOVED it and it needed a good home.

When I got home I rounded up all the cowboy hats I had in the house.  I've never thrown away any of Bill's cowboy hats and I have others that belonged to my grandparents, Evan, and I even found one that was a souvenir from the Texas Prison Rodeo.  I decided to decorate my guest bathroom using all the hats.  I found some old ads for cowboy hats and some rules for wearing cowboy hats.  I love the way the bathroom turned out.....



Cowboy hats placed above the vanity in my guest bathroom.

In between some of the hats are old rodeo playing cards and an old western belt.

I love this vintage child's cowboy hat.   It is displayed with some old cowboy hat ads.

Here's the hat box that started the redecorating of the bathroom.  The felt hat next to it was the one I found in the box.


Remember if you live in Texas.......Here are the Cowboy Hat Rules

1.  A black felt cowboy hat can be worn any time of the year.

2.  A straw cowboy hat is only worn between Easter and the beginning of the State Fair.

3.  After the State Fair begins you only wear felt hats till Easter.



Friends don't let friends wear the wrong cowboy hat!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Stetson Hats

    ReplyDelete