Background

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baking Day in December…..A New Tradition

I know this is late but here it goes…..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!  I always feel a little sad after the holidays are over.  It's so much fun decorating and getting together with the ones we love so much to celebrate the birth of Jesus.  I can't understand why so many people say they don't enjoy Christmas.  I just want to scream, "It's not about YOU….it's about JESUS."  Oh well, I said it and I feel much better.

Christmas is a time to start traditions and I sure hope this will be a new tradition with some of my favorite people!  Kathy invited her mom, sister, Brenda and myself over to her house on a cold, dreary December day to bake.  We all brought our own ingredients and the utensils we needed.  Kathy was so organized and her home was decorated so beautiful.  Here are the pics and some tips to help you if you decide to start this fun tradition next year!  I'm already planning my baking menu for next year!


The baking crew with our cute reindeer mugs.  Kathy's mom is in the middle.  She is the life of any party!

One rule for baking day….everyone dresses with an apron!

Everyone had their own baking station with a Christmas bag to use as a trash bag.

Brenda and Deb's chocolate covered crackers.

 
Ry, Kathy's daughter,  stopped by to check on us "old women."
Isn't she a doll?

You can't have a baking party without some Eggnog!
Love my BFF….we are definitely the same kind of crazy!

Kathy surprised us with the cutest party favors!

Kathy's grandmother and aunt made this out of their jewelry.  What an awesome Christmas keepsake!













No comments:

Post a Comment