Background

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

In My Humble Opinion…..Round Top or Canton?







I go to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas every month and I've been to Round Top/ Warrenton Flea Market three times.  But I do have an opinion on which is the best.  Remember just my opinion…..tell me what you think!



  • Round Top/Warrenton has gotten expensive.  You can still find $1 tables in Canton and Bill from Nebraska gives away three $20 gift tickets of "junk"every Thursday in his Canton booth.
  • Some shows in Round Top cost $10 - $25 per person to enter.  Canton charges $5 to park as many girlfriends as you can cram in your car.
  • Round Top/Warrenton is just twice a year.  Canton is every month.
  • Round Top has Royers and the Pie Man.  Canton has Dairy Palace and Granny's Kitchen.
  • I found a frame of a chair with just springs and it was $95 in Round Top.  In Canton, a frame of a chair with just springs would probably be considered trash.
  • Round Top has the Junk Gypsies.  Canton has Annette's Touch of Class.
  • Round Top has the Junk O Rama Prom.  Canton has nothing to compare to that.
  • Round Top/Warrenton is in Southeast Texas.  Canton is in East Texas.  They are about 4 hours apart.
  • If you plan on going to Round Top I prefer to go right in the middle of the calendar dates.  If you plan on going to Canton I prefer Thursday or Friday.


These are just some things to think about when planning a flea market trip.  They are both great places for a girls' weekend.


I got to meet Aime Sikes of the Junk Gypsies.  The whole family was in their store.  What a sweet family!

My best friend, Kap, with one of the three winning tickets in Bill from Nebraska's booth in Canton, Texas.







My opinion……it changes hourly!






No comments:

Post a Comment