Background

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Obsession

I love anything that is vintage rodeo/cowboy!  My heart is known to skip beats when I find antique cowboy treasures.  My friends and family will tell you my house is packed full of these unique finds.  I call it my obsession because I really don't have any more room for these treasures but I just can't resist the urge to buy more!  So here is my plan.....if I bring it home (and I will) I must find a purpose for it!

One Saturday, while out antiquing, I found four of these old children's cowboy holsters!




Oh the fun a little cowboy had with these back in the day!  As I stood there, thinking of the little cowpokes that had played with these, I knew I had to come up with a way to use them in my house.  And then it came to me....I would use them with my western dishes to hold the napkins and silverware at dinner time.

I already had some really cute napkins that would be perfect in each holster.


 Here is the holster with the western dishes I found in an antique store in Cheyenne, Wyoming!  So cute and so easy!


When I'm not using the holsters as napkin holders for a place setting they are used to display vintage cowboy pistols on my dining room table.


There will be more to come about these little holsters!  Wait till you see my idea for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment